Benefits of Using Rear Subframe Bushings
- Improves handling
- Strengthens the floor (especially important for BMW M3 E46)
- Less strikes during gear changes (especially on BMW M3 e46 with SMG)
Continue reading “Rear Subframe Bushings”
The Slon workshop’s DCT oil pan offers professional racing solution to eliminate oil starvation on hard turns and accelerations.
Continue reading “Slon workshop BMW DCT oil pan”
We had a very interesting task — to square the circle.
It was necessary to install customized six-pot calipers Brembo and brake rotors 355 mm into 17’’ car wheels.
Challenge accepted! Continue reading “How to square the circle or how to install 355 mm brake rotor on 17” wheels”
Hello my friends! Let’s talk about upgrading the brakes of BMW M-series. Continue reading “Upgrading the brakes of BMW M-series”
Big Brake Kit Features and Benefits
- Only brand new components
- Pads length – 190 mm. To understand calipers size you can compare it for example with most 6 pot calipers on the market, which are smaller and have only maximum 152mm long pads.
- Caliper weight is only 3.3 kg after modification done. Bracket – 350 gr. (a typical aluminum bracket weighs 600-700 gr., and steel one is even more!)
- Caliper uses very common brake pads, so any pad height can be chosen for the best setup. You can take smaller height pads of 47mm or 57mm for 2 piece lightweight rotors like used in the kits; 65mm pads for excellent fit on OEM m3 floating rotors can also be used; 76mm pads for widest rotors like 380mm rotors from f8x series can be taken too.
- Pads can be changed without removing a caliper – only a center pin needs to be removed.
- Calipers have dust boots, so they work excellently for an everyday use.
- Overall pistons area very similar to most of OEM setups, so there are no problems when fitting them.
Continue reading “Big Brake Kit (BBK) by slon_workshop”